Installing Popcorn Time on FireStick / Amazon Fire TV
Installing Popcorn Time on FireStick is an easy and straightforward process. I will guide through the installation process of Popcorn Time on your FireStick, though the same method may be used for Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick 4K.
For some reasons, downloading apk files on FireStick is not possible. The trick around this is to download a supporting application that facilitates side-loading on your device. The most popular apps are Downloader and ES File Explorer but remember you only need one, no need to download both of them. In my guide, I will provide two installation accounts that will be followed depending on the app you choose to download.
To install either of these apps, follow these steps:
- On the Search options on your Downloader, type in your preferred app o the two-Downloader or ES File Explorer.
- Select the application once it appears on the search results.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and complete the installation of the app.Before proceeding to the installation of Popcorn Time on either platform (Downloader/ES File Explorer), we first need to allow Apps from Unknown Sources onyour FireStick settings.
Here are the steps:
- 0n your Menu bar, select Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options, and below you will see the Apps from Unknown Sources setting.
- Click on it and Turn ON the setting which by default is OFF.Once you have confirmed that the setting is now turned on, we can proceed to the installation steps.
Using ES File Explorer to Install Popcorn Time on FireStick
Provided you successfully installed ES File Explorer on your FireStick and the Apps from Unknown Sources setting turned on, follow these steps:
- Launch ES File Explorer and on the window on the right side, hit on the Downloader icon.
- Move to the menu bar at the bottom and click +New.
- A dialog box with two empty text fields appears. In the text field labelled Path, type in (enter your link). On the Name field, you can type anything; it doesn’t affect anything, and then click on Download Now.
- From there the Popcorn Time apk will be downloaded and won’t take long for the download to complete.
- Once the download is finished, click on Open File then hit Install when prompted.
- At the bottom of the next screen click Next, then again hit Install, for the installation to begin.
- After some moments you will see App Installed notification on the screen meaning that the installation is now complete and successful.
- You may click Open to run Popcorn Time and enjoy movies and programs for free.
Using Downloader to Install Popcorn Time on FireStick
Downloader is deemed the most convenient when side-loading apks on your FireStick. Here is a breakdown of the installation:
- Launch Downloader
- Under its Home option move to the window on the right side and once on the URL field, press OK on your remote.
- On the keyboard that pop-up on your screen, type the URL: (enter your link here) and after ensuring that you have typed in correctly, hit Go.
- The Popcorn Time apk will be downloaded, usually under 3 minutes.
- Once the download is complete, Downloader will run it and begin the installation process.
- Click on Install at the right bottom of your screen and wait for the installation of Popcorn Time on your FireStick.
- A notification App Installed will appear on your screen meaning that the installation was successful.
- Click Open to run Popcorn Time and enjoy unlimited entertainment.